Monday, March 7, 2016

Sweetsome Sundays...Paleo Blueberry Pound Cake

Happy Laetare Sunday, everyone!

This Sunday we (once again) had some friends over for dinner and dessert.  Somehow there was some miscommunication about who was providing dinner, because we both did...and we both made roast chicken! It was a good thing, though, because we were all pretty hungry and did the meal full justice =)



For dessert, I made a Paleo Blueberry Pound Cake from AskGeorgie.com...the original recipe had lemon extract in it as well, but I didn't have any so I just skipped it =).  I also found the batter to be too dry, so I added about 1/4 cup of water to it, and baked it for an extra fifteen minutes to make sure it cooked all the way.  This cake disappeared so fast off the platter that I only got one small bite, and that was only because I stole it off my brother's plate.  It was one the most delicious Paleo desserts I have ever made and I will definitely be making more! I think it would be delicious in muffin form as well, so I may try that next time...








Ingredients:

1 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water
1-1/2 cups blueberries

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or oil the inside of a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond and coconut flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.  Whisk to mix well and break up any lumps.
3. In a second bowl, combine lemon extract, vanilla extract, eggs, and water.  Stir to blend.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until uniformly moist. Spoon 1/3 of batter into the bottom of the loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the berries on top. Repeat layers two more times.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool before slicing into 8 slices.

I managed to keep everyone away from the cake long enough to take this one photo...half of it was already eaten by the time I got my phone out =).

If you try this recipe, let me know in the comments how it turns out!

Have a lovely week =)!

No comments: