Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Photo-shoot With My Brother...

As many of you know by now, one of my brothers *happens* to be a very talented photographer =).  He recently started his own business and has been practicing taking different styles of photos of everything from babies to rain drops...




Yesterday he found a field that was easy to get to from the road ("easy" meaning we had to walk down a dry creek bed, climb a fence, and try avoid falling into one of the many holes hidden in the grass...and lets not go into the creepy fact that an army of vultures circled over us the whole time we were there), so he asked me if I wanted to do a photo shoot in my blue formal dress I had bought for the Christmas Ball.  A chance to get all dressed up and run barefoot in a field with the wind billowing the skirt of my super flowy dress? Yes, please!


We went out about an hour before sunset...the weather was lovely, and a breeze was blowing softly the whole time we were out there.  My other brother came along as well, in theory to hold the reflector, but in reality saying random things to make me laugh when I was trying to look dramatic =).







In case anyone is wondering, I'm wearing the "Mythical Kind of Love" dress from LuLu's...I have been more than happy with this dress and would highly recommend it as a formal gown!  The skirt is soooo flowy and is perfection itself when you're dancing =).  Short girls be warned, though; I'm wearing a small, and I still had to cut off six inches for it to be floor length on me! You can purchase it at this link...another reason I loved it is because all I had to do was wear a sweater or jacket to make it modest! I get so tired of having to add to the bottom, cover the neckline, and add sleeves to a dress just to make it decent...

Check out all of my brother's amazing photos at his website http://www.josephnationphoto.com/!

Tell me which photos were your favorite in the comments!

No comments: