Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What Every INDUSTRIOUS Girl Should Own...



This has to be one of the best inventions of the modern age! On busy days when your running behind and don't have time to make a complicated meal, you can throw a random mix of ingredients in this wonderful contraption, leave it on for a few hours, and, voila! you have a delicious, warm meal for your grateful family!



 Another great invention...there is almost no limit to what you can do with one of theses! Nut butters, chopped nuts, apple-sauce, grated cheese, shredded veggies, potato chips, french fries...the list is almost endless!



Having one of these and knowing how to use it can drastically cut down on your clothing and even home decorating costs! I sew most of my own clothes and Mom and I make all our own table cloths, place mats, napkins, and curtains.  Once you know the basics of sewing, you can make practically anything you want just by following a pattern, or even making your own! You can also repair your clothes when they start wearing out, instead of having to throw them away and buy something else.



Any hardworking girl knows the importance of a good apron that covers your clothes, is easy to move around in, and looks pretty enough to make you want to wear it all the time.  I have a pattern that I LOVE and have found to fit all these requirements.  I make my own from this pattern.



In this age of texting and tweeting, hardly anyone ever sends letters.  As a result, hardly anyone knows how wonderful it is to get a letter in the mail from a friend, written on pretty stationary.  So much more meaning and affection is shown when you take the time to write a letter as opposed to just sending a quick, misspelled text.


If you live in the city, the only real use for rubber boots is for jumping in puddles.  When you live on a farm, though, a sturdy pair of rubber boots are indispensable.  I've gotten a lot of use out of my pair whether I'm walking through water, mud, snow, tall grass, or anything else I happen to run into.


Yes, pocket knives can be feminine.  My brother bought me one at a gun show years ago, and it has been infinitely useful! I carry it in my purse because I never know when I'll need to slice an apple in the car, cut packaging off something, pick a lock (just kidding), or scare off some unsavory character.  Most of the girls in my circle of friends also carry pocket knives wherever they go for the same reasons.

How many of theses things do you keep on hand? What would you add to the list?

No comments: