Saturday, March 29, 2014

Weekly Roundup

What I liked:


...being able to witness the profession of Br. Miguel Marie on Tuesday.  One of the many benefits of living next to an abbey!

...some friends from a neighboring state coming over to spend the day.  We all had lots of fun, and there was hardly a moment when we weren't all laughing.

...finding some new heels for Easter at a decent price!

...finding a new consignment store called The Echo Shop! They're a little pricier than Goodwill, but the quality is MUCH nicer.  I was able to get a black Maxi dress and a denim vest for a very decent price!

...my brother downloading the Duolingo App on my mom's phone.  It certainly helps with learning French, that's for sure!

...Mom's new "Better Than Lara Bars"...they really are!

What I Didn't:


...more cold, gray, rainy weather.  I'm ready for Spring!

...getting several "Frozen" ringtones for my phone...only to find out later they don't work.

...yet another person asking me "Are you really nineteen?" (Sigh.)

...my sheet music STILL not coming in.  It was shipped back to the supplier because it was damaged (a likely story) and is now supposed to come in Monday.

...having to fast all morning and drive an hour away to get my blood work done.  Did I mention that if I don't eat every three hours my blood sugar drops drastically?

...getting stuck with the newly hired cashier at the grocery store.  I had to explain to her how to check out some of the items...I am not kidding.

...having the Algebra Blues...not me, my little brother, but I've had them before and I can sympathize.

...seeing a policeman pull out in front of me and saying "I'm being good, I'm being quiet, I'm being 'have."... and no one getting it.


What I Accomplished:


...driving an hour away to Mass and driving through town afterwards! Without running into anything!

...making grain-free, dairy-free, meatloaf!

...my first storm novena.  I followed a good friend's recommendation and prayed it every half hour as opposed to every hour...I was rather flurried by the end.

...winning at carpet ball for six games in a row!

What Made Me Laugh:


...telling Mom I needed some "nude" heels for Easter and my brothers overhearing.  Their jaws dropped and they look positively scandalized, so now I refer to them as tan.

...a sign in the shoe store that said "Five Dollar Charge For Whining".  I want one of these in my house...

...this picture:
\
...the look on my brothers' and their friends' faces when I said "After Earth" was a "cute" movie.

How was your week?

No comments: