Saturday, March 14, 2015

Weekly Rounup...

What I Liked...

...helping at the annual convent/abbey workday

...reading about life in Goa, India...I know where I want to live one day

...coconut milk ice cream on Sundays

...listening to Father Issac Relyea's mission on the Four Last Things...you can listen to it here

...helping a one-year-old little boy build a lego train...after we built it we would ram it into walls and look at each other with shocked expressions =)

...winning at pool against my brothers and my friend, even though I haven't played in months

...a sudden brilliant inspiration for my Easter dress

...learning that Saturday, the fourteenth of March, at 9:26:53, was "Pie Day" ( 3/14/15 9:26:53)...and we got a picture so we'd never forget =)

...getting back in touch with an old friend

What I Didn't...

...seeing my best friend and I in a mirror for the first time in months and suddenly realizing I am now a full head and shoulders shorter than her

...cleaning the floor of the convent chapel till it shined...and then a couple construction workers walking in with muddy boots

...the state of the ground outside our house right now...icky, sticky, muddy goosh

...the mail man not delivering my ThredUp package...though I KNOW it's been sitting at the post office since Friday...

...daylight savings time ruining my whole week

What Made Me Laugh...

...the many different responses of the boys I helped serve lunch too at the workday...you have the shy ones-"Thanks."-who don't even look at you, the cowboys-"Thank ye, ma'am."- who tip their hats, the friendly ones-"Oh man, food.  Thank you so much; you girls are awesome!"-who have more food on their plate than I and my friends could eat in a week, and the little boys under ten-"Yes, please!"

...walking my bike up a very long, very steep, and rather exhausting hill and being passed by multiple cars with the passengers yelling out encouragement as I went

...being made the "Responsible Adult" to accompany my underage (almost 17 yo) friend and her little brother to the workday

What I Accomplished...

...learning to play "Little House" by Amanda Seyfreid on my guitar

...working in every single group at the convent...polishing candle sticks, cleaning the altar cloths, sweeping and mopping the floors, polishing the furniture, dusting, laundry, garden work and lunch...

...cleaning out my closet...and I mean a GOOD clean-out.  I'm talking a jumbo-sized garbage bag of clothes for Salvation Army...



No comments: