Monday, February 16, 2015

Weekly Roundup...


What I Liked...

...helping prepare for a masquerade ball to be held in our community

...finding this mask on Etsy

...new makeup brushes made from natural fibers

...the way our living room looks now that my brother rearranged all the furniture

...friends who take great pains to make Paleo dishes for my mom and I when we go to their house

...my first ThredUp order coming in (yippee!!!)

...how the employees at Natural Grocers all know my mom and I by name

...the song "I Will Never Love Again" from The Princess Bride...I'm listening to it as I write this and it is so beautiful it will break your heart

...a third person telling me that if I had dark hair I would look like Keira Knightley...I don't see that, but thank you...

...a completely different person telling me I look like Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind

What I Didn't...

...really nice, warm weather turning into sub-freezing, grey weather...overnight

...not sleeping for a week and the consequential dark, baggy circles under my eyes

...feeling terrible for a whole week and not being sure if it's a good sign (the new enzymes I'm taking starting to work) or a bad sign (something is wrong)...the life of someone with an Autoimmune Disease...

...hearing our parish priest may very well have been exposed to whooping cough

...being unable to log into Blogger on our new tablet...for some reason it only has my dad's account on there

What Made Me Laugh...

...these remarks from two little boys we were babysitting as they colored pictures "I'm the best color-er in my whole family!" "Yeah, except for me."

...playing fetch with our dog, Lottie

...my brother's friend saying he wants to wear one of those Medieval Black Plague Masks for the masquerade...sure, that will get you a lot of partners, all right...=)

What I Accomplished...

...finishing the back of my quilt...for real, this time

...finding enough music for us to have thirty-two reels and eight waltzes at our masquerade...no danger of running out of songs, I guess...

...getting caught up on all the business bookkeeping...I feel like Bob Crachit

...cleaning out my closet (finally)

How was your week?


What did you like/not like/laugh at/accomplish?

(I forgot to publish this last week!)

No comments: