Saturday, July 9, 2016

Awkward/Awesome...


Awkward...

...spilling cheese sauce all over my shirt...ten minutes before guests arrived at my house...

...playing Catan with friends and losing terribly...that is, until I let a nine year old take over for me...guess who ended up winning the game less than ten minutes later???

...realizing I have less than six months to plan out Christmas...where did this year go?!

...driving to Low Mass and having at least three people ask me if my feet even reach the accelerator...

...buying a dress because, even though I hated the style, I really liked the material, and then repeatedly trying to find a way to rip it apart and re-sew it into a style I'd consider wearing...with no success, as of now...

...our whole community losing power for several hours...

...three-fourths of the Christmas lights in my room all dying at the same time...

...thumbing through  "Room"at the book section of Costco...and having to stop because I was getting strange looks from the other customers who were wondering why on earth I was sobbing in the middle of the store...

Awesome...

...listening to Sam Hunt while making fried chicken and gravy for dinner and wearing a flowered apron...it doesn't get much more Southern than that, ya'll ;)

...pillow fights

...spontaneous dancing with my brother because he wants to see if a song "works for waltzing"...=)

...laying in the sun by the creek, and staring up into the beautiful, cloudless, blue sky...

...cleaning out my closet and discovering a box of G.K.Chesterton books I'd gotten for Christmas years ago, but never read (!!!)

...being ALMOST FINISHED with the quilt I've been working on for over a year now...

...finding THE birthday cake to end all birthday cakes...hopefully I'll be able to make it for my brother's birthday next week...

...finally figuring out how to work our coffee machine...yes, believe it or not, I am twenty-one years old, and have never once made my own self a cup of coffee...

Hope ya'll all had a lovely week! =)



No comments: