Friday, April 25, 2014

He Is Risen! (And Paleo Marshmallows:) .)

Happy Easter everybody!!!


Holy week was incredibly busy, possibly even bordering on frantic, as we tried to prepare for Easter Sunday, which included going to all the Tridium services, and recover from the flu.  We all made it through in one piece and are now enjoying Easter week to the fullest.  Several out-of-town friends were here for Holy Easter Week, so we managed to visit and have fun with them as well.


I ordered the material for my Easter dress from Girl Charlee Fabrics (my first order!) and couldn't be happier! It came in within three days, was decently priced (MUCH better than JoAnn's prices!), was not too "clingy" and was easy to sew on.  I will be ordering a lot more fabric from this company in the future! I didn't manage to get any pictures of me actually making the dress...I was too busy trying to make up the pattern as I went along and finish it before Sunday :).

On Holy Saturday I had a sudden desire to make some marshmallows.  I have made plain ones before, but this time I added chocolate chips...and they were sooooooo good... I also tried chocolate covered, but they didn't turn out quite so well (think unsweetened, gooey, gobs of stickiness).





Paleo Marshmallows:

1 cup of Honey
1 cup of Water
Three Tablespoons of Gelatin
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
1/3 Cup of Chocolate Chips
Cocoa for dusting

Line a glass dish with parchment paper and coat sides with cocoa.  Heat the honey, half the water, and the vanilla in a small saucepan until temperature reaches 240 Degrees Fahrenheit (soft ball stage).  While it is heating, mix the remaining water and gelatin in a large bowl and allow the gelatin to soften.  When the honey has reached the desired temperature, pour slowly into the gelatin while beating with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Pour mixture into prepared pan and leave sitting on the counter to cool and set (do not put in the refrigerator!). When completely set, sprinkle cocoa on a cutting board and gently turn marshmallow onto the board.  Cut into shapes and coat with cocoa again.  Store outside of the refrigerator. 

What did you and your family do for Easter?

No comments: